The San Mateo County Pride Center provides high quality, LGBTQ+ affirming mental health services to community members living throughout San Mateo County. Mental wellbeing services include individual therapy, relationship therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and case management. Our work is strength-based, trauma-informed, engaging both natural supports and the whole family whenever possible.
WHAT ARE MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES?
Referrals and/or service inquires should be directed to our Pride Center’s Clinical Team at firstname.lastname@example.org 650-591-0133 ext 146
Fax 650-412-1986 (ATTN: Clinical Team)
Our Clinical Program Coordinator, Catherine Haueter at email@example.com
Fax: 650-412-1986 (ATTN: Catherine Haueter)
For decades, San Mateo County residents seeking accessible, community-based LGBTQ+ mental health services have had to travel north to San Francisco, south to San Jose, or even across the bridge to Oakland or Berkeley. Those who could not travel simply could not access such services. Situated in the heart of the San Mateo County, the Pride Center embraces this historically isolated region by not only providing high quality mental health services to LGBTQ+ community members, but also by delivering these services right here at home.
- Care coordination
- Collaborative treatment planning
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Relationship therapy
- Family therapy
- Community based services
- Case Management
- PTSD and trauma
- Domestic violence (both perpetrators and survivors)
- Self-harm and suicidal ideation
- Work with siblings and blended families
- Couple and relationship counseling
- Gender identity
- Polyamory and nonmonogamy
- Anger management
- Working with survivors of violent crime
- LGBTQ+ adults, families, and youth
- Other mental health and medical providers
- Administrators and school support staff
Our Multi-Modal lens includes Evidence-Based and Strength-Based practices as well as Cross Cultural Therapy Modalities and Expressive Arts Therapy. Our work is trauma-informed and engages natural supports, including the whole family, whenever possible.
We are committed to providing mental health services to the LGBTQ+ community throughout San Mateo County. We accept private pay on a sliding scale (depending on monthly income) as well as those who are or can qualify as a Medi-Cal beneficiary.
Services will be prioritized to:
- Low income
- Marginalized and underserved communities
- Emotional and behavioral disturbances over a prolonged period of time with identifiable symptoms such as depression, mood swings, hyperactivity, marked anxiety, difficulty concentrating or sitting still, extensive trauma history, etc.
- Relationship problems
- Poor social skills
- Troubled or destructive peer or family relationships
- Isolation and/or social anxiety
- Marked mental health symptoms causing difficulty and distress in relationships at home, school, work and/or community.
- High risk for increasing level of severity of presenting issues without mental health intervention
- Expressed need by participant or family for mental health services to meet social-emotional, behavioral, and/or educational goals
- Self-endangering behavior
- History of suicide attempts or ideation
- Victim or witness of violent crimes (bullying, gun violence, domestic violence, etc.)
- Difficulty managing anger and/or history of domestic violence perpetration
There are several options:
- If you have Medi-Cal, please call the ACCESS line and let them know you’d like therapy services at the San Mateo County Pride Center: (800) 686-0101, TDD: (800) 943-2833
REQUEST CLINICAL SERVICES HERE
- Email our San Mateo County Pride Center’s Clinical Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or set up a screening appointment with our team.- Call our Clinical Intake Line at 650-591-0133 ext 146
- Contact our Clinical Program Coordinator, Catherine Haueter, LMFT #35208: email@example.com or 650-591-0133 ext. 147
- Fax a requests or referral form to 650-412-1986 (ATTN: Catherine Haueter / Pride Center Clinical Team)
Referrals and/or service inquires should be directed to our Pride Center’s Clinical Team:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or set up a screening appointment with our team or contact 650-591-0133 ext 146
Fax: 650-412-1986 (ATTN: Clinical Team)
Contact our Clinical Program Coordinator, Catherine Haueter: email@example.com or 650-591-0133 ext. 147
Fax: 650-412-1986 (ATTN: Catherine Haueter)